There’s often nothing more refreshing than a nice cold beer, especially on a hot summer’s day. Beer has been around for centuries and is in fact one of the most popular alcoholic beverages in the world, and the third most commonly consumed drink after tea and water. In the UK, we consume our fair share of beer and there are lots of different brands to choose from. We’ve created a list of some of the most famous beer brands on the planet, and why they taste good. If you fancy trying something new, grab some beer with Beerwulf coupon from Bravovoucher where you can pick up a fantastic deal for your online beer purchases.
- Budweiser – this very famous beer is an American pale-ale that has been around since 1876. It’s a very popular choice, especially in the USA, it is brewed using quality barley malt, a blend of hop varieties, and fresh rice. It is known for its crisp taste and is classed as a medium-bodied lager beer.
- Carlsberg – there are lots of different varieties of Carlsberg to sample, including a European pale ale lager, Calsbery Extra for a strong Pilsner taste, Calsbery Light, and even an alcohol-free option with Carsberg 0.0%
- Fosters – Foster’s beer originates from Australia and was first introduced back in 1888 in Melbourne, Australia. They offer two main varieties of beer, one of which is Forster’s Premium ale which has a rich earthy taste with a hint of caramel, and the other is Foster’s larger which is characterised by its bright golden colour and its crisp and refreshing flavour.
- Hoegaarden – the Hoegaarden brewery is thought to be one of the oldest breweries in the world, dating back to 1445. Today, the Belgian brand remains a popular choice for many beer drinkers and there is a range of different variants to choose from so there’s something for everyone.
- Leffe – also from Belgium and thought to date back even further than Hoegarden is Leffe. This beer is well known for its high alcohol volume of 6.6 ABV and the most popular variation, Leffe Blonde offers drinkers a mix of floral tones, vanilla, and slightly bitter spiciness.
- Stella Artois – this popular beer made the news for lowering its alcohol content and is always a popular choice, particularly in the UK. It’s a crisp, floral beer with a hint of citrus and bitter hops flavour.
- Corona – Corona is produced in Mexico and is owned by a Belgian brewing company. It’s one of the most popular choices of beer in the USA and is unique in the fact that it is usually drunk with a slice of lemon in the bottleneck, adding a citrusy edge to its refreshing flavour.
- Heineken – another pale ale larger that is very popular in the UK, all over Europe, and around the world is produced by this Dutch brewing company. This beer is created with three main ingredients, and drinkers enjoy the balance between the sweetness and bitterness of Heineken lager.
- Peroni – produced in Italy, this beer manufacturer uses high-quality ingredients including 100% Italian malt and Nostrano Maize. It offers a well-balanced taste with refreshing citrus and floral tones.
- San Miguel – San Miguel beer was originally made in the Phillipines, before moving to Spain in1953. It’s a very popular choice of beer with a delicate flavour and a creamy texture and is definately very refreshing.
Now that you’ve read this guide to the most popular beers and the differences between them, all that’s left to do is try them out so you can discover your favourite. Don’t forget to drink responsibly and if you want to learn more about the official alcohol guidelines in the UK, consult the NHS website pages for more information.